Hi George,

In case you are still open to ideas, how about a third/first-person safe-cracking or robbery game?

Have any of you guys seen the old movie "Return of the Pink Panther" back in the 60s (with Petr Sellers)? Unfortunately, it is not on youtube.

There is a really nice scene at the beginning where we follow the thief dodge lightbeams, use crossbow to go on roofs, and various contraptions to pick a diamond at a distance without triggering the alarm. It's a bit like that stuff in Ocean's Eleven, but better filmed and more suspenseful.

As a third-and-first-person game, it would be a mix of tombraider navigation, puzzle (the room where the safe/gems are), and the physics engine would be used too to simulate stuff not to knock over, and what not.

Minimal AI for guards and alarm, minimal/simple levels and models, but lots of programming for the pysics engine, interfaces and the whole dynamics of levels.

I think it would make a decent casual game, with a clear storyline, beginning and end, but requiring reflection and manual skills and reflexes.

I am not much of a artist, and am no match for the programmer on this thread. But I can do decent particle programming though (for what it's worth).

Thomas

Note: I am not talking about a "Pink Panther" game!!! laugh