[GoldenEyeRemake_RetroContestEntry_[ToBeUpdated]]

well... this is what i've been working on for some time, i've always loved goldeneye64 and wanted to see a multiplayer version of it, goldeneye source did an ok job but i think they missed that GE[goldeneye] feel...

ok, what is the entry?
an 8 player online goldeneye64 remake using anet and the 3dgs engine

why multiplayer?
well, i find more fun in playing with friends and i always hear that gs cant do multiplayer correctly and wanted to make a point, only using anet for 4 months [3 month contest] but thought i could handle it

is it stable?
define stable, it runs and plays ok even if your ping is above 200ms, its been optimized in terms of hit detection and removing player lag but THERE WILL BE THE OCCASIONAL CRASH, i am working to fix that and will continue to update the game for sometime until its bug free

is it finished?
no, i couldnt acquire a decently textured james bond model so i apologize for the untextured one, i hope to update it and a few buf fixes ofcourse

now, we've tested with SEVEN players so far, the limit is 8, those who can host a server and play with closer friends should take that route, if not, you can click unto "join dark's server" and join my ip

another slight problem where you have to damage a player before you get animation updates from him, this as something to do with new players not being updated and something i havent solved just yet..

theres also a bug i have no control over and that as to do with ent_blend and vec_for_vertex, apparently, they cause an animation bug and this is what you may see if other players dont animate, i really couldnt find a work around in time and i think jcl has received a similar complaint before and said to be working on it

other than that i plan to update the game as i fix bugs and add features...

this was a rather huge aim for me but am rather contented with how it turned out, also remember theyre are only 8 player slots so first come, first serve laugh maybe someone else will host

you may wanna avoid running in fullscreen until its totally stable, crashing in fullscreen aint too pretty on some pcs:)

now dont let the crash alerts scare you, i wouldnt release it if i thought it wasnt playable laugh now, hopefull ya'll can have fun and i can secure some votes grin

bugs may be more because of a lack in my programming skills rather than the engine/anet however frown still cant see what produces the crash, no errors but am looking into it

[look out for updates]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nVj3NN2Mg4

[DOWNLOAD LINK]
http://www.filefront.com/15496141/GoldenSpyContestEntryfinal.rar/

note that you can change the config at anytime by editting the file and changing the keys

DOWNLOAD THE FOLLOWING UPDATE 0.0.3

UPDATE [bug fixes and feature adds]
http://www.filefront.com/15468541/ge_update0.0.3.rar/

i'll try to keep my pc online but am not sure how often that may be but it should be pretty easy to host/join IPs

i'll update this thread when the server might be online
server status: ONLINE [please download update 0.0.3]

Last edited by darkinferno; 02/03/10 23:12.