I like the idea of the player being portrayed as a divininty who must rediscover themselves and their powers. The speed and variation of the levels of Superku's videos is interesting and the anti-gravity/time-shifting properties are certainly of a divine nature, but I think the main character/player should be more human in form similar to Gandaroleg's sketches of the dark divinity. I think Superku mentioned the levels being open, like the Metroid series (Super Metroid was my favorite). I think this is a good idea, we can have a huge outdoor/underground map broken into segments that are built and tested separately then assembled together. Within this giant outdoor world, can be doors/portals that lead to "temples" or levels similar to George's demo. After defeating a boss in a temple, the player acquires new powers that enable him/her to proceed to areas previously unattainable. I posted some ideas for abilities and controls for the player that maybe could be considered. Here's the link Abilities