Ok, to get this further...

Boy
- special ability: gravity switch

I thought about what was written here and tried to think about level design. Soon I noticed it is pretty difficult to design levels allowing complex gravity changes without making it possible to finish the level in an unwanted way.
Also I had the feeling the overwhelming options to the player might appear distracting.

So I fleshed out following, pretty simple idea:

- Boy can switch gravity by using double jump. For now I don't see a necessary limitation necessary to it directly(*).
- Only up/down can be switched
- There are boxes, enemies and stuff with an outstanding visual appearance to signalize they will react on a gravity switch.
- Other objects won't react on the gravity switch
- to make this less confusing, the camera view should also turn upside down. So you always walk around with feet on the ground. (Without having falling boxes it might work without turning the view, but I guess it looks alien when the view orientation stays the same and suddenly boxes fall to the top of the screen)

(*) Instead of limiting the gravity feature by time limit, allow special levels where the gravtiy feature has to be switched on by disabling some security stuff in the level.

Girl:
- special ability: time warp

Still to be defined: What has to be done to perform a time warp. I'm not sure if a simple button pres will work here.
e.g. Sonic CD did time travels by having Future/Past/Present signs you had to touch. Afterwards you needed to make Sonic faster and faster until he warped.

Input needed here.

This s nothing final, this is just what I collected together and thought makes sense. Feel free to take it apart if you dislike the strict regulation laugh