I love nostalgia-threads laugh
Makes me think of the good ol' times what with all those incredible RPGs everyone did!

I still remember your project from back then. And I also believe I know the tutorial you're speaking of (although the authors name escapes me as well). Gothic really was an inspiration to a lot of us, it seems.

Unfortunately, I cannot playtest your game right now, but the screenshots are a weird mixture of more impressive (the hand and its magiceffect (which, while totally exaggerated and probably annoying ingame looks kinda nice in stills)) and less impressive (some of the landscape shots).

But after all, the real interesting parts are your accompying comments. I just love reading about code and hacks and the often peculiar reasons why things in our games turned out the way it did. Now add a few "what-I've-learned"-sentences and you've got a nice little post-mortem there laugh

I've actually made a "my-humble-beginnings"-thread a few months (...years?) ago, which seems to have been deleted. So theres only the semi-funny Pokemon-game I've made.
Although now that Geocities is dead, I believe the screenshots are not accessible right now. Or maybe a better word would be deleted forever.

Eh, its not about my game anyway!

Well, I haven't been too successfull with this engine, have I? At least compared with some of you guys.
Well, lots of lessons learned...

Perhaps this post will get me points for originality at least.

Check out Dungeon Deities! It's amazing and will make you happy, successful and almost certainly more attractive! It might be true!