the few days probably rather would be a whole week. tongue which i don't have at the moment and i also don't work with gamestudio currently so my interest is pretty low. that's the reason i don't complete it.

i also don't think that your wrapper is inferior. its completeness makes it much superior even if there are some design quirks i don't like that much. i am looking forward to your future versions. laugh

what is your inconsistency with strings? i didn't quite get that part in your post. (edit: ah, now i get it. i missed the sentence in the (). but i wouldn't use STRING objects if not absolutely necessary. they are useless compared to the powerful strings of languages like c# or python.)

if i remember correctly the functions that need the pointer for a longer time mainly are some gui functions. in my python wrapper i simply wrote some code in the wrapper functions which handles keeping the reference around as long as it is needed. this shouldn't be a big deal.

writing wrappers is a very repetitive task. i more and more think that it would make sense to write some kind of a7 header file parser which then automatically spits out most of the code. could be quite tricky but changes to stuff like var handling could be done without almost complete manual rewrites then.