@gri:
I wouldn't compare Unity Indie with A7 Com. Unity lacks anything in that area as it's either Indie or Pro and to my mind it doesn't really need anything inbetween. When now comparing both Unity's free version and the free 3DGS version Unity clearly wins. When comparing Unity Pro and 3DGS Pro Unity wins even more clearly. It may be 200 € more expensive but gives you more advanced features and in case of the upcoming 3.0 even saves you 130000$ per title if you'd want to use the same technology. As it was said before this really is a no-brainer...

So you're right - Unity doesn't have a good offer in the very low budget area (at least not if you must have good dynamic shadows no matter what - if that's not so important for your project Unity Indie becomes extremely attractive again). So maybe it's not the best idea for pupils with next to no money. At the same time one might think of trying to apply for an educational version in that case. I don't know when or for what prices you can get Unity then but I guess asking them won't hurt... wink