[just to all the posts that keep saying "dynamic shadowmapping"]
all am hearing is dynamic shadow mapping this and dynamic shadow mapping that. jeez come on, its not a NEED, it adds to a scene but if you cant make a scene look good WITHOUT it then enabling it is just sad, btw, most games now that support dynamic shadowmapping would still look great without it and there are ALOT of game engines that dont do dynamic shadowmapping and still look great:

unreal engine
source engine
the engine behind halo

all i see GS needing is a more professional approach to how it does work on the editors and these "updates" are quite crappy, 3 new script functions in 2 months and they call that an "update", quite pathetic, as far as i see it, graphics only come under 2 groups:

fail - ppl wont glass at your game unless it offers something truly unique otherwise
pass - quality is enough for people to make a glance, aiming above this is just unecessary for a indie because if after that first glance your gameplay didnt pull them in, no amount of shiny effects will make them love the game, theyll love how it looks but not necessarily get attached

you dont need dynamic shadowmapping to get a pass

i think this engine can pull off close to what the source engine can do, sure it may take some time and third party tools but am sure if you give a professional team 3dgs and the same basic tools we have, they can produce with it

i've seen phone games that look better than half of the projects i've seen by 3dgs

i still think all gs needs is better editors, material editors and pixel lighting

for example, my project 'scion', the only thing slowing it down now has NOTHING to do with the engine, we already sat and found the engine limits and new what needed to be done, workaround workarounds and more workarounds which is also what being a designer is about, only thing slowing us down now is probably lack of artists and my own laziness grin and i'm also quite sure that we'll be one of if not the best looking 'completed' projects to be done with this engine and i hope then GS will get some recognition laugh