Originally Posted By: Slin
Btw, the workflow we consider bad actually is, what 13 to 17 years old users like the most about gamestudio, as you instantly understand their basics while they feel overwhelmed with those "next gen editors".
And in case you consider me fanboyish, I just donīt like people stating that gamestudio is bad and the worst thing one could work with. It is just that Unity is better in some ways and gamestudio is still a good tool. There is in my opinion no reason not to download Unity and start working with it (what I currently do, btw). And I also donīt get why people think that one could only use one engine and not several ones for different purposes. I love gamestudio for experimenting with shaders, but if I develop an dapp for the iPhone I am using the iPhone SDK and if I want to create an a bit more complex game I use Unity. Everything is great in its own way and I have equally much fun with all of them.

a great example of my point. for instance right now I'm using unity for a web-based casual puzzle game. It's great for that, but on the other hand, once I actually find an apartment in Las Vegas (just moved) then i can get decent internet again and start working on my morpg again (its less than satisfying having the wifi around here cut out constantly).

all that said, I prefer the programmability of A7 (btw everyone talks about work-flow this, work-flow that, the work-flow is a piece of cake if you know how to do it, and stay away from wed.... I mean anyone who tries to use wed then complains has to have some sort of mental deficiency of some sort). Anyways, I need shaders, I need decent multiplayer and database functionality, and I need a decent programming language for my morg and I'd like to not pay 1.5k for a project that is the type that tends to fail in the end. I'd like it to not, but life might just bend me over like it does from time to time.