Well reading all the comments, it seems a shame you've pulled the wool over so many peoples eyes.

I agree with Helgast and DarkInferno on this one.

Tell me if I've misunderstood this at some point, but...
You won a 'contract' (although be it a con) for the readiness and stability or A7 to make an MMO.

Originally Posted By: jcl, A8
The A8 engine is based on the MMO kernel that we started last year. The MMO was stopped, but the engine development was continued
So although you sell your product to the public, you see it unfit for your own use.

Originally Posted By: jcl, A8
We usually release a new engine generation every 3 years. Thus, 2010 will be an A8 year.
Originally Posted By: jcl, Utopia Story
This is an account of events that took place between July and December 2009 around the development of the MMOG UTOPIA with the game development system Gamestudio/A7.
You've been working on A8 for (give or take) 10 months. I understand engines need to constantly need to change and improve, but I can't see many indi-developers buying a new engine every 3 years.

Yes, we're now in A7 development mode again. And the time spent for the MMOG is not totally lost - the MMOG engine kernel can be useful for a future engine version.
So with the lack of updates recently for A7, I'm guessing this was for the extra time you were spending on A8, and not 'in A7 development mode again' at all?

And some, if not most of the features you've given have been asked by the community since A6, and now you take notice and use them.

My rant is over, but I feel somewhat let down with A7, and think it should of only been a A6.5 for it to be swept under the carpet so soon with such few new features supported other than a 'new' language!