Quote:

My last one had a nVidia 9600M GT graphics card which got old and 2 hours battery health time - this was defenitly too short...

Decent graphic power OR a long battery life, you won't barely find a laptop with both advantages.

Is there a reason you "hate" dell ? Personally I'm overwhelmed by the support, I've a XPS M1530 with an extended guaranty of 5 years in total and I would NEVER switch back to a vanilla consumer model.
Next-business-day on-site-service is in my opinion definitely worth the money.

The 15" Macbook looks quite impressive and combines long battery life with graphic power but this feature is OSX only as far as I know (since there are only nvidia optimus drivers for osx on the board I guess). So under windows you'll just get an expensive mirror with 2-3 hrs of mobility.

I've seen those countless models Asus throws on the market each week getting very hot and the support is awful.
My advice: take a business model, if you're REALLY in need of a decent graphic card try a 'mobile workstation' (would be the Precision series at dell) or take a thinkpad with an advanced dockingstation with build in graphics card.

Last edited by AlexDeloy; 04/21/10 20:32.