@Lukas, what infidelity is explained in such context, which generally does NOT mean non-Muslims.

Also, Qur'an never allows one to kill themselves, your life and other's lives is god-given and only god can take it. Exceptions for killing others being war and that kind of stuff explained in Qur'an. That's pretty clear in Qur'an and hadith, killing yourself in anyway, is not allowed. So, suicide-bombing is not martyrdom. In the event of being a captive in enemy hands(i.e. in war), you are not allowed to suicide either. In fact, if you kill yourself it would count as you are suicided which is not allowed, but if enemy forces kill you, it counts as martyrdom which is a sacred rank.

Backdoors for terrorism is people making it sound like Islam allows it, but in fact it's not, it may even forbid it. Like, the pedophilia topic above, there is no backdoor, they just make it sound like there is. It could be that they are mis-interpreted it(i.e. the way they want it to be, not as hadith or Quran explains. not that Quran is unclear.), or as i said above brain-washed and being used by other people. Also even if they show such places as their standing point, they would contradict a lot of other places of Quran, because that they are not doing as Quran actually explains, they just hear what they want to and act accordingly. They are overseeing the fact that the Quran is a complete book, all parts supporting each other, acting by only parts of it can only be a cheap excuse.

As i said, i am not that religious, i only read Quran twice completely to see what it explains for myself. I did not see any point, that Quran asks me to kill someone, in my current state and position.(like, we are not in war etc.)

Originally Posted By: sebcrea

Islam needs a movement of enlightment not deniers of what islam teaches or not.

exactly. There are large groups of people trying to maintain such movement but guess what, extremists are against this too. Still these movements are happening, and recognized by the world, i just hope more people gets to know these movements and stop fearing Islam. Even, as far as i know, a university in states, has a institute about such movement.

Also, the book seems interesting, i'll buy it and read sometime.

Last edited by Quadraxas; 05/19/10 17:29.