Quote:
@AlbertoT I think what he meant was that shaders have good fallbacks to older hardware. So you can have your game with shaders, and if somebody plays it with a pc that doesn't support those specific shaders it will fall back to an older version of the shaders that the pc supports.

Exactly!.

Quote:
How can Unity be as fast as 3dgs even to old GPUs ?
3DGS use ABT / BSP scene management algo's , i.e a huge amount of data are precalculated
I can understand that this feature may be not that important for new GPUs capable of rendering milion tris but for old ones it should make the difference

why should 3dgs users always aim at OLD"even extinct"machines???come an man take alook around,forget unity for now,every game in the markets today"or even 3-4 years before"uses technologys that 3dgs A7
could'nt dream of.all of this AAA games need's medium2fast machines,and they sold too many copies of them.you can't consider 3dgs ability to run on old machines as feature,even though 3dgs not that fast after all.put some shader's in the scene and some ENTITY's
with stencil shadows"not even blured" and the engine will become a monster eating all your mashine's resources,if not use this tow neat features you'r game become as old as quake"even quake uses some sort of decals shadows!!!".

again i love 3dgs,but it definitely need's some improvement,