JCL, either I speak in the last time in ambiguous words - and if so, I promise I improve on that - or you don't read carefully. Or both. Who knows.

Nevertheless. In the beta page you are explicitely talking about bones animation. I (or respectively, we) talk about vertex animation. That is for instance, if you load a model in MED with bones animations and click on Edit\Convert to points animation.

So, again my question in a easy to understand order of causal relations:

1.) Situation 1: You provide in A8 a shader which allows GPU accelerated bones animations
2.) Request: We would like to have in A8 a shader that does vertex animations on the GPU rather on the CPU
3.) Reason 1: it is rather time consuming on models with lots of vertices to calculate animations on the CPU if not multithreaded.
4.) Conclusion 1: If your CPU-animation code is not multithreaded (is it?), a parallel GPU would be way more faster, especially on models with lots of vertices
5.) Situation 2: if you don't want to do this, I ask for a way to calculate vertex animations by our own without using ent_setvertex because (citing the manual) "Modifying a mesh of a certain entity [with ent_setvertex] affects all entities that use the same mesh" and using ent_clone is kinda wrong because you have then for each individual entity a cloned mesh...
6.) Request 2: If Situation 2 becomes true, could you provide an example how to do that with DirectX functions without cloning the mesh or can you provide a way to do this (or similar)?

I hope this is clearer to you know. If I am mistaken and confused big time, show me.

Thanks.

Last edited by HeelX; 06/01/10 08:10.