Originally Posted By: Truth
Thanks for all your comments.

I know the performance is very bad, i don't think i can use LOD because im using blocks not models for the level if you look at the screenshots ive linked at the bottom you'll see the game is made up of hundreds of block which is proberly the cause of the low framerate.

@darkinferno i think the camera spinning is cause when you have a controller plugged in, it happens to me when i have my xbox360 controller in.

I defo need help with the code im hopeless at it i made the scripts open so hopefuly some people from the forum can look at my scripts and add or edit it to make it better. I will definetly change the name very soon just still thinking of a good name.

Debug1
Debug2
Debug3

no the reason your game is so slow is another...

Originally Posted By: Progger
Hi it looks good but like the others said it is really slow i think that u looped the mp3 file it makes your game that slow
WFG :)Progger

this is by far the most ridiculous comment ive read in a while...

first, looping an mp3 does not make a game slower. just wont happen. second: use ogg...

then, your game is so slow because you scaled it so high it needs a draw distance thats insane.
seriously. your player character is around 5000 quants big. seriously.
scale everything down. and i mean MAKE it smaller, not just scale with code, for this is slow aswell.

a player character needs to be 55-60 quants in size. thats a HUNDRETH of what you are doing here.

start up wed, make a CUBE SMALL and this is the maximum height your player character should have. size everything down according to that size.
use WED to size down the level and MED to size down the models.

you CAN use LOD, just for the models alone. trees, cars, people can all ahve LOD and you MUST use it.

then, cut back the draw distance to LESS than 10 000.

rewrite your code, so that everything thats not needed outside of clip_far is on wait.

apply the NONE flag to every single texture that can never be seen by the player. make sure your level is block shaped. that is of more importance than you might think. it should not look the way it does now. make blocks with rendering flag none outside of your buildings, below the ground to make sur everything is nicely and clean.

center your level to the level origin, that is xyz = 0. the closer to 0 the better.

i know thats alot of work, but its the only way to actually do anything with this project. heck, resizing the level and the models can be done within a day. rebuilding and retexturing another day.
LOD steps three days. re-coding just to adapt the changes 2 days.

heck, all in all, if you keep on it you have the same game in two weeks running ten times as fast.

ill even be so kind to resize the level for you and adapt it to the changes i said if you send me the WMP.
yes, i am THAT nice of a person. i will also resize your player model so that it fits within the new level and you have something to check up while resizing your old models.

just send the WMP file ALONE, without textures models or anything, just the WMP file and the player model to my e-mail adress (t.koessler (at) gmx . at) and ill do this for you within a day. all you have to do is retexture it afterwards.
if that isnt a deal, i dont know what to do for you anymore...

Last edited by sPlKe; 06/22/10 16:48.