Originally Posted By: TheLiam
I hope that a8 Is going to rock We are this cool community, small but effective grin i also tried unity and its easier yes, but I didn't manage to do cool things. Maybe just because I don't like this click and drop where ANYTHING IS SOOOOO EASY. I like to work with acknex, hell yeah, there are errors but u are learning sooo much with them that I like those little annoying things.

I don't think one can say Unity3D is 'click and drop' any more than 3DGS's WED editor.

The problem with Unity3D for the most part is that it is able to crash and inflate objects for no reason. In short, it has some bugs that make it quite annoying to work with at the moment, even for a free tool.

The editor also has it's weak spots when it comes to adding assets, transforming them and comfortably previewing things.

There's a lot it can do even better, although I do like the WYSIWYG approach.

On the flipside it has great webplayer support and a pretty cool 'all-in-one' editor workflow (the stuff that does work, the fact that it opens external programs and updates changes made) ...and all the flexibility one would ever need programming-wise, granted you are able to program in one of the supported languages.

I think the latter is the biggest obstacle for 3DGS users when considering a switch. Many people do not know Java etc. or any high level programming language, but are used to C-Script and Lite-C.

If you're prepared to learn Unity3D, it can be very awesome to work with! I haven't totally lost my interest in 3dgs just yet though. One reason being that quickly prototyping game ideas still goes incredibly smooth and fast with it and I've gotten used to it's quirks.

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software