it would take the fun out of being an asshole. and, contray to otehr assholes around the webs, i am an asshole because its fun, not because i ama frustrated 34 year old virgin that weighs a metric ton, lives in the basment of his mother and uses a pair of tweezers to wank to naked pictures of an underage miley cyrus photoshopped to have anime like eyes.

and thats where the problem with indie game design lies, because the so called community, that reminds me more of a petting zoo is made up of losers and wankers.

sure, there is the occasional LIME of light, but all in all, most indie gamedevs are pricks.

i have no problem with creating a fan game. in fact, i love fan games. i am a big supporter of AM2R (Another Metroid 2 Remake - google it) and that is made with GAME MAKER. But the difference is, its made by a guy who knows what he is doing, has an idea and is a fan in itself.

I, like all of you, am sick of some brainwashed reality TV minions that sit on their hand for half an hour so that it feels as if someone else beats their meat, that come into ANY community (because those threerunners are everywhere) with their "skillz" and mouth about how they need per pixel post processing normal multitexturing pralax scrolling mapping done with shadermodel 1943 because thats what crytec uses to create crying sis...

sure, they are beginenrs and have no clue, but sometimes i feel like they are all having a hive mind controlled by paris hiltons puppy because they all are the same. maybe its just the same idiot re-registering again and again but they are all the same. they do crysis clones, predator clones, gta clones zelda clones and fuck my ass witha stick clones.
and after you tell them exactly WHAT they need to change, WHY they need to change it and try your best to help them, they treat you like you are some moronic south park character with a badly animated face.

and the worst part of all, and you guys wont like this is, that most of you guys (not all of you, mind you. i have deep respect for some of you) sit there and watch those people fail time after time. then, everytime a new lego brickman shows up, you come into their threads and support them, instead of doing what you as "serious users" are supposed to do and tell them whats going on.

see if you would just ignore those idiots and leave it be, everything would be alright. like most of the REAL serious users do. because they know that its not worth the effort and its the best way to show a kid how bad his work sucks. ignore it. but you walk in ehre and support it.

and then I show up, with my usual rant, sick of it all, and i get a "wrong side of the bed" line. not that i mind, but you people have NO idea who I am or how i am and if you would know me just in the slightest, you would know that im having a good day, because when i have a bad day i simply dont show up wink i am not in a bad mood. im not funny when im angry... or hungry...

to cut things short:

ignore bad newbie work if they do not accept HONEST critics. and while you dont have to talk them down like i do because i have a very short temper and no idea how to be nice in the first place, you could tell them the truth. if they accept it and stay to learn, like so many great people already did, we all win. if they go and suck their motehrs titties for some cremaed milk because we are all so /b/ then screw them.

and yes, i really am in a good mood today... keep the spelling errors you find, i dont need them anymore...

edit: oh and alpha strike, for posting the comment below me:

like mythbusters, i always start small scale wink

Last edited by sPlKe; 07/09/10 12:35.