i cant. it is one of my, if not THE biggest character flaw, that i just cant stay out of something i personally deem wrong. wether its my personal real life or here, if i see something i consider to be wrong, i say somethigna bout it, do something about it. it may not be the best modus operandi for this community but somebody has to do it.

imagine: he actually creates this game. not a likely chance but just imagine. it may look like crap and play like crap but he creates it. and releases it. and then, peolle talk him down, even WORSE than i do right here, right now. he may even get sued because of copyright infridgement. and then he will think back and say: why did nobody told me my game is bland, ugly, boring and violating a copyright? they all just said its fine its a fangame, it looks okay just go ahead. and thats ONCE AGAIN (because i do this rant ONCE A YEAR, seriously) the problem with the community.

if you work on a project, you get what we call "betriebsblind" it basically means you get blind to some obvious errors because you invest so much time. EVERYONE has it, and everyone who says he doesnt have it is either a stupid idiot or lying. EVERYONE has it. thats why professionals work in groups. thats why testers exist. thats why test screenings for movies exist.

and then everyone in this forum plus his mum tells him that his work is good. that it is okay to do this. my games are below average to this point i know that. and while i care, i could not change it at that moment in time so i deemed it release worthy. the games still are mediocre at best but i can handle the critism. ive been through that. i know what to expect. but if some peolle here would have told me years ago, i could have grown and made those games better in the first place.

i dont want you to find it okay what newbies do. i want you to judge them HONESTLY. there is no need to act like a wild beast like i do. anotehr character flaw of mine is that i show neither remorse nor pity. but that doesnt mean that you shouldnt.
but what you SHOULD NOT DO is talk things pretty.

you people claim to be social, support the community and aid newbies. but you dont do it. Slin does it. Frank does it. and selected few others do it aswell. but most of the people that are posting here simply are not. instead, you talk things pretty. you are liberal smooth talkers that actually have NOTHING to say. you just talk but you say nothing.

how are you helping somebody by planting false illusions? how are you aiding them by talking their ugly work pretty. why are you doing that? to make them feel better? to make yourself feel better? think about it.

the very few here, who actually were constructive, who actually said: look man, check copyright, get your own ideas, make another alien based game ect were helpfull. they were. Blattsalat to name a few.

you people wonder why i am such a zynic. you wonder why i talk people down. i do it bacuse you fail to live up to the promise of a community: to support each other. you come here on a daily basis, talk some nice words into the ears of a newbie who needs support not nice words and you are offended by my comments without evenr ealizing that it is your own fault this community is what it is.

to count it down simple heres what you should do:

check thread - see what project/problem is about. READ THINK READ THINK READ THINK - if you actually HAVE something to say otehr than: looks nice, be honest and say it in the best way you can - support the chap with ideas how to make it better, tell him what exactly needs to be changed and why it needs to be changed.

if you think youre not in the mood or you dont ahve anything worth saying: STFU

and on a final note: when i say i wont come back to a thread, i mean it. and this time, ill take fogmans advise and wont come back to this thread.il just leave it be.

so to all you, who want to talk down to me, want to tell me how much my games suck and how much more you know then me, open up a thread in morbius and tell me. show off your work. compare it to mine just bring it on. but stop posting here. post here only if you have to say something about his project.
Spike out!