I'm really sorry if I take you wrong spike...it happens to every one. And yes your are complete right in what your say...I agree with you. I apologize my self if I disrespect you..was not my intention. But i keep my word: is not what you say but how you say it.

This is my personal opinion about his job:

1. Do not use concepts or characters created by other people, be creative.
* Predator character is copyright and cannot be used in any commercial project. You can use it in a non-commercial projects with certain limits and you are always required permissions to do so:
Advice: try to acquire permission to use the character in your game, even if not is commercial.
2. All is in your mind. You can create a Predator-like character, but completely different at the same time. Never think in front of a computer. Draw some sketches until you feel comfortable with one and then give it life.
3. DO NOT model or use high-polygon characters…that will kill your game. Instead use code to enhance your characters, environment and special effects. You can find many useful codes in AUM and in the rest of the forum. You can keep your characters up to 9000 to 10 000 triangles (2 triangles = 1 polygon) and still looking good.
4. Since your game does not seem to be a commercial version (at least for now). You should develop a game with a strong story line. Just as a tip: Take the time to create something that could report you some profit. Remember: Time is money.
5. Do not limit your game to a single camera view. Try to create more than one different view so the player has options to choose.
6. Do not make your game just based on shoot and kill. Give the player the chance to develop skills and meet targets. Make it dynamic. Even games with stunning graphics, animation and special effects have failed for a lack of creativity. FAR CRY 2 is a good example.
7.Critics are important.

That's what i think and what do I use when I'm working on a business or personal project.

No matter what people tell you,  words and ideas can change the world.