Terrible language indeed. But he's right.

Take a look at this graph:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:2000_Year_Temperature_Comparison.png

Before you tell me, yes, 2004 seems to have set an all time record for having the biggest increase in global temperature for several hundred years. But there's a few things you should notice other than that. See the huge increase in temperature we had during the middle ages? I'm pretty sure that people weren't driving cars then. But there was a huge increase in temperature nonetheless.

Or take a look at that big dip in the 1600's, or "The Mini Ice-age". In just 200 years the temperature of the earth sunk dramatically. And I don't think there was any significant change in the amount of CO2 we were emitting then, either.

Now we get to the big rise on the far right of the graph. It's tempting to think that all of our carbon emissions caused that big rise, but that's not true. Notice that it was a steady rise that began in the early 1900's, back when people still didn't have cars or even much electricity. The rate of the rise didn't even increase once we started using all of these new things. The rate of the rise remained steady.

What this should tell you is that nothing WE are doing seems to be affecting the temperature of the earth in any significant way. Rather, it seems to be a natural build up of carbon emissions; carbon emissions that will most likely decrease in a century or two through natural forces.

The funny thing about all this is, in the 1970's scientists were complaining that in a few dozen years we were going to have another ice age. Well, here we are and we don't seem to be going through any ice age. Now people have forgotten that little incident and are complaining about global warming. When this passes through and people realize that they were wrong again, they will probably start complaining about global freezing again.

It's all so stupid.

Eats commas for breakfast.

Play Barony: Cursed Edition!