Quote:
Did you notice that the graph is rising faster than never before on the right and that it is already warmer than in the middle ages?

Did you notice that the use of all of our newest inventions don't seem to coincide with any of these things?

Quote:
Temperature changes because of many factors, and something else might have caused the high temperature in the middle ages or the little ice age (maybe natural variaton of C02 concentration?)

Exactly my point. CO2 concentrations can rise due to natural causes, too.

Quote:
It is a fact that it is proven that gases like CO2 act as greenhouse gases, which contribute to increasing temperatures. And we know that CO2 concentration went up and temperatures went up.

Yup, you're right.

I am NOT saying that CO2 does not trap energy and that the earth has not been heating up. I am saying that it hasn't been heating up because WE did anything. And if ALL of our CO2 emissions aren't affecting the temperature of the earth in any significant way, what makes you think we can lower the temperature of the earth?

Quote:
And if we act now, and we are wrong, we didn't cause any harm

Umm, wrong. We would've have wasted valuable materials and an insurmountable amount of time, to say the least. There are lots of people who have made it a political issue too, causing people to support causes that they don't really understand. During the 2008 elections, Obama made Global Warming an issue. There were many people who voted for him just because he promised to "correct" it. If Global Warming hadn't been made into such an issue in the first place, maybe that wouldn't have been such a buzz word during the elections.

Global warming is now just a tool that is being used by politicians to control the people. That is just wrong.

Quote:
but if we don't act now, but global warming is a fact, we doom ourselves.

Right now, it's WAY too early to know if global warming is a fact or not. Our scientists are jumping to conclusions. Sure, I suppose it's been hotter than usual lately, but the Earth does that. And what makes you think we can do anything about it anyway?

Quote:
(And what a coincidence that both global warming deniers here are from the USA. It would be an even bigger coincidence if they both the Republicans wink )

So what if I'm from America? Have you totally forgotten that our leaders in America are now doing everything in their power to FIGHT global warming? Not that I want to be a part of it, of course.

Oh, and I am not a registered Republican. I have held support for many republicans before though, simply because they've shared more realistic and conservative views than the democrats. Oh, and as long as we're profiling people on this forum by what political parties they support, I bet you were a supporter of Obama during the 2008 elections. I wonder how that turned out. Still holding out for the "Hopey/Changey" thing?

Eats commas for breakfast.

Play Barony: Cursed Edition!