... Anyway.

Quote:
"Did you notice that the use of all of our newest inventions don't seem to coincide with any of these things?"
No, I didn't. In fact, I noticed that the number of cars, factories etc. went up and so did the CO2 levels and the temperature.

What you said just there doesn't even make sense. Just because something happens and another thing happens after it doesn't mean the first occurrence caused the second occurrence. You're just arguing with the statistics now.

Let me simplify it for you:

-In the early 1900's, a steady increase in temperature began.

-In the 1930's, technology took off and people started driving cars, creating coal power plants, etc. Carbon emissions went up.

-We know that CO2 traps heat. So more CO2 will cause the temperature to rise even faster, right?

-We refer back to the graph. The temperature has increased since the 1930's! However, the RATE of the increase of temperature did NOT go up.

We know that more CO2 would've caused the rate of the increase of temperature to go up. So the temperature should've been higher than it is if the CO2 we have been emitting has taken any effect. But it's not. What does this tell us? It tells us that the amount of CO2 we've been emitting is not enough to have any significant impact on the rate of the increase of temperature on the earth.

Do you understand what I'm trying to say? Yes, the earth has gotten warmer. Yes, we've been emitting CO2. But that CO2 is not what is creating the rise in temperature. There's just not enough of it to have an impact. The higher temperatures are being created through natural forces, and we shouldn't try to stop them. Eventually, the system will correct itself and the temperature will lower again.

Eats commas for breakfast.

Play Barony: Cursed Edition!