Originally Posted By: Machinery_Frank
And then there are still enough additional ones in the Wiki.

Guess why tongue
And yes, but I will keep complaining until I see something better than the current shader system, which means that I am really waiting for Unity3 and hope that it will be out soon.
In my opinion a bit stupid is currently also that polygon counter and makes you think that Unity can render very high poly levels at still kinda high framerates, but in the end, the scene has only a small part of those polygons which are multiplied by quite high factors thanks to their strange rendering and them counting the polygons of each rendered pass.
There was for example someone wondering why his 50k polygon level had like 300k after adding some water and a sun.

I am currently trying to code a car in Unity. It is meant to move at very high speed, which makes the physics kinda unusable, especially on collision. There is their character controller thingy, which would probably do the job for me, but guess what, the only supported shape is a capsule, which actually doesn´t work at all for a car...
In the end I am now trying to code the collision myself, trying to use as much of the existing stuff as possible, like triggers and raytraces. Not really fun to do and I am sure that gamestudios c_move would have done a perfect job for me in this case -.-

Did you know that one can chain postprocessing effects in gamestudio with just one short line of code for each effect?
What gamestudio currently really needs are good templates, as everything else is quite solid, especially if the regions really work.

But well, I basicly just hate all the hype around unity...