Originally Posted By: Joquan
Why shouldn't they? Why does everything need evidence? Faith is an important thing that everyone should have. Are you saying, that if someone promised me something, that I would need evidence to believe that they will keep their promise? Also, the "science" that the majority use (Talking about the darwin crap, and our view of the "Big Bang Theory". I am saying that there is a possibility that God used a "big bang" to create the universe, but I think that the Bible would have mentioned it.

Everything need to have evidence to be credible. If you sue someone for murder, but you have no evidence at all, just "faith"; then the accused will be acquit, because he is innocent until proven guilty.
This rule exists in all courts in the free world and there is a reason for it. If something does not have any supporting evidence, it should be regarded as wrong until proven true. There is no evidence for Allah, the Flying Spagetthi Monster, Thor, Zeus, Vishnu, or the Christian god! You don't believe in the other religions, what makes yours so special?

I hope you never get in charge of a board of education.
There is plenty of evidence supporting evolution and the big bang.
Parts of the human body could be called "badly designed" (if they were designed), but evolution makes clear why it has these flaws. And don't forget vestigal organs.
The universe is expanding. We know that and we can prove that. This means, in the past it has been smaller. And, as we know that the speed of light is limited and constant, we know that the further we look away into the universe, the further we look into the past. And we can't see further than ca. 14 billion lightyears (that's where we see the microwave background). And if we calculate the expansion of the universe back, we see that it must have had the size 0 ca. 14 billion years ago. This point of time is called the big bang. And you see, no one made that number "14 million years" up. You can calculate that the universe has that age.

And I said there are more non-christians than christians and you denied that. But just look at the numbers:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christianity
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_population
There are ca. 2.2 billion christians. There 6,857,400,000 people on the Earth. That means there are about 4.7 non-christians.

If heaven is full of fanatics like you, I don't want to be there anyway. And if you think you have such a great afterlife and we don't, then let us save our planet to make our life as good as possible, while you don't care, because of your dreams of a great eternal afterlife.

And if we are going to find out anyway, why bother trying to convince us?