Hm. But if God provides for me like that, why do we go to work? Why do we worry about politics, wars... if God will provide for us? Why do we grow food? And is not the ability to grow food closely linked to the "go green" idea? Preserving the soil today so it can be used tomorrow...
There's simply no way going green can be bad, if done right. It might, of course, as you say, increase your love for this planet. But there is nothing wrong with that. You're not to store your earthly treasures (i.e. money, possessions), but then again that is not at all what going green means. Loving, preserving, caring for the environment we love in is in no way sin. And I believe that the true nature of "going green" is the caring for each other, not the caring for earthly goods. It is the human race trying to preserve a planet for their children, because of love for their fellow humans.
Was Jesus alive today I'm sure there'd be quotes in the bible like "clean up after yourself" or "preserve the earth in a way so that following generations can also live at the high standard you're living at."

Slin, the story you're quoting is in this book: http://www.anderezeiten.de/bestellen/ind...ere-zeiten.html (a very nice book with loads of fun stories) though of course it could be that you heard it elsewhere.

Last edited by Germanunkol; 07/23/10 07:59.

~"I never let school interfere with my education"~
-Mark Twain