Originally Posted By: Joquan
Quote:
I already told you about some of the evidence that evolution and the big bang are true. There is so much overwhelming evidence, but you reject it, just because it contradicts your religion.
And apart from the gospels, which have been written decades after Jesus' death, there is NO EVIDENCE AT ALL, that Jesus EVER EXISTED! I don't think some books that have been written decades based on oral lore after his death are very reliable, and as is seems that there wasn't anyone who thought Jesus was worth to be written about while he was still alive, I think, if he ever existed, stories about his "miracles" are extremely overexaggerated.

What evidence? I reject it because it is false.

The Gospels were written directly after Jesus died, rose, and ascended. The Shroud of Turin is evidence, thousands of texts is evidence. The stories about His miracles are true.

The Shroud of Turin is fake, it was made in the 13th or 14th century:
Originally Posted By: Wikipedia
In 1988 a radiocarbon dating test was performed on small samples of the shroud. The laboratories at the University of Oxford, the University of Arizona, and the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, concluded that the sample they tested dated from the Middle Ages, between AD1260 and AD1390.[6][7] The samples tested have since been questioned and two peer-reviewed articles have contended that they may not be representative of the whole shroud.[8][9][10][11][12]

Evolution: There are many vestigal organs. For example, there are birds that can't fly but still have wings. What would god give them wings for?
All flying insects have two pairs of wings. Flies seem to have only one. But they actually have two pairs of wings, but one of them is vestigal.
All species can be ordered in a tree of shared features. Why would god make it like this? Evolution exlains this, species in one branch share a common ancestor.
On islands far away from mainland there are no mammals except for bats, because they can fly. If god put all mammals on Earth, why didn't he put some on faraway islands?
The laryngeal nerve is a nerve that goes from the brain down to the chest, where is devides, and one of the branches goes up to the larynx. Why would make it make such a detour? Why didn't he make it devide already in the neck? Again, evolution explains it, we share a common ancestor with fishes, which lookes rather like fishes, which don't have a neck. When the neck grew, the nerve became longer, and the branching couldn't move because there veins in the way.
And what is the last time you drank something and choked on it? Did you never ask why god made your trachea next to your oesophagus, so this can happen? Couldn't he made it like gills? Again, evolution explains this, our lungs didn't evolve from gills, but rather from the swimming bladders of fishes.

You can't deny any of this evidence. And if you do, you should mistrust doctors who want to heal you based on this knowledge. wink

Big Bang: I already showed you the evidence, like the expansion of the universe and the micrtrowave background. These are facts you can't deny.

Christianity is not restrictive like buddhism or islam. We are allowed to anything that isn't sinful. That includes waiting to have kids until after you are married, not swearing, not disobeying God, etc.

You made the biggest mistake of your life by changing your mind. Now, because you rejected God, you won't be in Heaven after you physically die. I was raised as a Christian, I have studied the Bible, I go to church every Sunday (Unless I'm sick, etc.), I pray every day, off and on, all day, and I witness to anyone that I can. The evidence against Christianity is ultimately planned by Satan. That means, if you follow it, you are truly following Satan. God loves you, and you should turn away from atheism right away.

You already told me I'm going to hell because I'm an atheist.
So, you think all the evidence against christianity is made by Satan? Wow, if they really made you believe that, that makes you really immune against all kinds of evidence against you. But you only believe that Satan made that evidence because you already believe in christianity, which for you includes believing that all evidence against christianity is made by Satan, which means it must be true. Again, circular reasoning works because...

Quote:
So, when someone shows you a bible quote, which you don't like, you deny that this is in the bible?!?!?!?!?

I didn't say IT wasn't in the Bible, but I said that YOU are manipulating it to try to convince me that I'm wrong. That verse does not mean that you are supposed to let people sit there and convince others that atheism, islam, etc are right.

First of all, it was not ME, who posted that bible quote. You are so not listening properly (or reading actually), that you don't even know that jenGs posted that, not me.
Look at his comment:
"- I don't see this attitude either. You are like an islamic fundametalist, turn the words around to serve your agressive strategy here."
What he means is that your agressive way contradicts the bible (at least the new testament).

Quote:
You are the most ignorant and stupid person I have ever seen.

You've seen me? Awkward.

You are the only person I think is likely to really don't understand that "seen" is not meant litterally, like seeing your face...
Otherwise this comment is stupid anyway.

The more I talk in this, the more reward I will be getting in Heaven, as well as being able to continue to look forward to Christ saying "Well done, thou good and faithful servant." I have done so by actions, by showing that Christianity is not weak. I never said that love isn't good, as I believe that it is. If I insulted them, that's THEIR problem, not mine. Once more, I say this: I am not destroying, nor saving the earth. Going green connects too closely to evolution and our old pagan beliefs that started showing up after the fall.

Ah I see. This would have been even funnier if you had started the "Where do atheists get their morals from?" thing, like people of your kind often do.
You are now saying that you are doing this, not because you feel it's the right thing, but only to get a reward. You make an impression like if you would know there is no god, you would become evil, as there is no other reason to be good than the reward you hope to get in heaven.