Hello team,

I have uploaded the gameplay video for chapter 3, level 6 to SkyDrive. I decided to change a bit my level finishing/presentation process and, before I finalize the level geometry, textures & lights, I will first deliver the gameplay video in order for us all to validate it & for programing team to see if all aspects of gameplay can be coded or they should be changed.

The gameplay for this level is based on three things:

1.Player can use specific magic potion only once per level (player can use multiple potions per level but every potion can be used once per level).
2.Player has an >illusion< potion that he gained in the earlier level of this chapter (chapter 3, level 5)
3.Player must pick every bonus item in the level in order to finish it.

What the currant version of the level's gameplay demand in terms of code:

1.Doors that can be opened/closed without the need to stand on the switch.
2.Bonus item code solution (& visual).
3.Bonus system that takes into account the number of bonus items player has picked up, preventing the player from finishing the level unless all bonus items are taken.
4.Enemy awareness code solution that would enable the enemy to spot player if he is at the certain distance from him & to go after the player. Same routine should be applied if enemy sees the player's projection (illusion potion). Enemy should not react if player is at reasonable distance behind him or if player is over his head (gravity switch).
5.Code that would lower the basket of food to the cage (the movement itself can be animated, not coded, if that is easier).
6.Code that would make monster go into his cage at the moment that his food is in it (the movement itself can be animated, not coded, if that is easier).
7.Code solution that would not allow finishing of the level unless both BJ & LJ are present near the exit.
+
8.Code solution for >Illusion potion<. The spell creates the visual projection identical to the caster (Big J) three feet downwards/upwards. BJ shouldn’t be able to move while spell is active. The most difficult part will be, I guess, coding of the place where illusion should appear because it should take into account the first available floor (ground) beneath or above the sister model.

I believe that this is everything that needs to be coded for this level. The level can have more bonus items that can be spread across & some of them could even be hidden.

All suggestions are welcome smile

Last edited by Ganderoleg; 07/25/10 17:35.

>>Demos free3DModels Tutorials<<
>>>>>>> by Pavle Nikolic <<<<<<<