Originally Posted By: sPlKe
ITS JUST ABOUT THE COLORS!!!

Originally Posted By: Slin
In the following are two screenshots of some iPhone game I am currently working on. They have different amounts of detail and some objects donīt fit very well to the terrain on the first one. Just ignore that and basicly just focus on the terrains coloring.

Which one do you like more?

1:

2:

I already know which one I prefer, the one responsible for the graphics has another opinion, or at least isnīt as sure as I am, so I just want to make sure if there is some clear answer to this wink.

So what! grin tongue

These things with colors are absolutely bullshit!
No need to worry about that before finishing the project. Seriously.
There is no independent property of a color, it always depends on the appearance of the colors and light around it.

Originally Posted By: sPlKe
as someone who actually lives somewhere where mountains and the likes are used, ie. the alps, let me tell you again that number 1 has better colors, more accurate colors and,

smirk ...sheer nonsense! - if the alps are not on mars, but on earth these colors change depending the day time, weather, clouds and time of the year, and grow of the different plants (and the soil beneath them) as in any landscape of the world, too. tongue