Originally Posted By: Pappenheimer

smirk ...sheer nonsense! - if the alps are not on mars, but on earth these colors change depending the day time, weather, clouds and time of the year, and grow of the different plants (and the soil beneath them) as in any landscape of the world, too. tongue

look whos talking tongue

thats simply not true. because, and this is a little explanation:
over here, the earth has a very specific amount of minerals and such. also, ususally the weather circumstances do not vary that much. let me tell you that on the "alm(dont know the english word" the grass usually alyways looks the same, with the same color, simply because the circumstanecs of the grass growing, getting eaten by cows ect dont vary that much during the years. you can clearly see that if you visit those places.

to back up my claims, take a look at those random google pics:

[img]http://blog.austria.info/static/austriainfo/images/Salzburger-Alm.jpg[/img]

if you look at the names, youc an clearly see that those pics are from diffferent places.
i dont want to sound rude or anyhting, but i lived ehre for my entire life. i see such things every year, and little changes at those places. i also think its important to get the color of the terrain right from the start, because you need a control. a control that tells you what color palette to use. those things are important.

i wont post here anymore because i know some people will find ways to know things better. but all in all, its Slin's project and he must know what to do. cant do anymore for him in that regard.

i now stop caring and watch desperate housewives.