Thanks for your feedback.

@bk9iq > I'm not quite sure why it would crash when loading a library file? Maybe you could provide a more detailed explanation? It doesn't take your gamestudio version into account at all, it uses its own version of the engine so everyone can use it smile

@JulzMighty > Setting a skycube shouldn't affect the model at all. I just tried setting a sky image on the normal mapping shader and I didn't see anything abnormal. Maybe I'm blind!

As for your additions...

1) Yes currently only 1 technique is generated, but a fallback is also written so it's not all bad! tongue. Maybe if I add an option that allows you to assign a technique name to each pass to allow different versions?

2) As tilting I assume you mean dragging with the left mouse button? I use this small code...
Code:
model.pan += orbit_speed * mouse_left * mouse_force.x * time_step;
model.tilt -= orbit_speed * mouse_left * mouse_force.y * time_step;

I agree with the 'bounding box' issue. I didn't implement any mechanism to adjust the camera based on the size of the model. This is due to my poor testing and using models with similar size.
Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

The small mouse movements is because the camera is moved at a fixed rate, so the bigger the model the smaller the movement.

3) Assuming I understand you correctly, I'll add an option to load an image as a panel on the screen.

The 'component' model approach may be a little akward for a more mature programmer but I feel newcomers to the shader programming scene will appreciate a visual interface more.
So I suggest that shader newcomers should use the designer to get a feel with how each bit fits in and then maybe branch off into writing .fx files from stratch.

Regardless, the overall goal is to get more people interested in shader programming because, in my opinion, there tends to be a sort of fear of shader programming because of how complex and mathematical they can get.

I'm a noob myself but I feel learning something new is much more interesting with a visual app.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Last edited by DJBMASTER; 07/27/10 06:38.