Quote:
@JulzMighty > Setting a skycube shouldn't affect the model at all. I just tried setting a sky image on the normal mapping shader and I didn't see anything abnormal. Maybe I'm blind!

I just started again in the hopes of showing you a screenshot, and the skycube is no longer causing any trouble. That's just weird. But good laugh

But the sorting errors are still there: You should be able to see it with the normal mapping example and using the marine (since it has overlapping parts), regardless of whether or not a skycube is present. Here's what I mean:

Notice how the back leg appears over the front leg.
Quote:
2) As tilting I assume you mean dragging with the left mouse button? I use this small code...
Code:
model.pan += orbit_speed * mouse_left * mouse_force.x * time_step;
model.tilt -= orbit_speed * mouse_left * mouse_force.y * time_step;

Yup, I thought it would be something like that. It works great when the model faces the camera (up tilts it up, down tilts it down), but when the model faces side-on from the camera, or away from it, tilting the front of the model up when the mouse moves up is unintuitive. It's really just a minor nit-pick.
Quote:
Regardless, the overall goal is to get more people interested in shader programming because, in my opinion, there tends to be a sort of fear of shader programming because of how complex and mathematical they can get.
Too right. It's especially sad here since shader programming is IMO a big strength of GS's. I think your tool would be a great way to start and get an interest, and also to continue developing. Good luck in the contest.

Jibb

Formerly known as JulzMighty.
I made KarBOOM!