Quote:

That's the right way, just release the code and give a +&(§ on what you wanted to do first

No, seriously, it would be very nice to have this water shader open-source

PS: What do you mean by directX 8 here? Do you want to know if it works on dx 8 cards or if it works with dx 8 installed (thus without dx9)? If you were wondering about the first point, as I said: works very well on g4ti4200 which actually is a dx8 card

Yah.. that was all... Since there are a fair amount of target cards that will not support the DX9 for awhile, _and_ the fact that alot of people with 3DGS may remain commited to using A6.22 for awhile, depending upon their projects and so on. I needed to know if the code would fulfill those needs.
All I could do is modify it to make sure it would build on A6.22, I was sure that it would work on the DX8 cards, because it is basic pixelshader1.1 code.... but it is nice to know for sure before claiming it does

Maybe I release it soon...... It would be cool to see other features and modifications added to it. But I doubt that that code would get posted.

This f^%kin thing was a thorn in my side for months on end... right now it is just sitting... aquiring dust more or less. It needs more work for Action Bird, but the terrain shaders are in need of that, too.