I think A8 needs to showcase its user projects more. I'm surprised at people's excitement over deferred shading in Unity 3, when there have been multiple deferred shading solutions available to A7 users for a long time (I know I made mine more than a year ago).

Similarly, we've seen SSAO all over the forums for a long time (with HeelX's implementation of Crysis's SSAO as the most recent example).

Unity 3 looks great. Don't get me wrong. I just want to say that I really did not enjoy that soldier demo. My internet can be a bit hit-and-miss, which meant I spent a lot of time just waiting for stuff to happen. They gave little indication that stuff was meant to be loading in the background. In the end I got an award for not being hit by any badguys, but it must be impossible for them to actually hit you, because I stood directly in front of them just looking around. In the end it was a half-baked demo that wasn't very impressive at all.

The biggest selling point for Unity in my eyes is its ability to be deployed on just about any platform.

Jibb

Formerly known as JulzMighty.
I made KarBOOM!