Quote:
I have a good internet connection, the soldier demo just runned great, and you need a good PC also.
Don't worry, I've got a good PC. It was just the load times that were killing me.
Quote:
the difference is, with unity you get well integrated production ready solutions, done by some of the best programmers in the industry.
That assumes a lot about the proficiency of Unity's developers. I'm not saying they're doing a bad job, but working for a big company doesn't make them great programmers. The "integrated" nature of all those effects is my personal issue with Unity -- I'm not saying people shouldn't use it; I just don't like it for myself. These "integrated" effects are what created the need for their weird, ugly, unique shader programming.

Any shader programmer can use HLSL (or Cg, which is essentially the same thing), and can surely pick up shader programming in A7/A8 in an instant.
Quote:
Sorry, but i tried Shade C package with A8, lot of folders,
even following the doc , i didn't succed to make work depth
of field !
I haven't tried Shade C. I think people are best off following tutorials and using their own effects. There are a myriad different ways to do DoF, and I personally wouldn't want to use someone else's (whether that's another user, or the engine programmers themselves).

Jibb

EDIT: Obviously I'm very shader-orientated. I just really like shader programming. And it's the one thing people seem to avoid doing themselves.

Last edited by JulzMighty; 10/01/10 14:43.

Formerly known as JulzMighty.
I made KarBOOM!