all i can say is: lighting lighting lighting

thats gamestudios major flaw, we've been working on scion for a while and noone can give me any bullshit excuse to say gamestudio cant pull of AAA titles, it can, atleast in terms of setting the game up...

ragdolls - fine
physics - fine
good animation - fine
movement - fine
network code - fine

level design - problematic
lighting - ERROR!!

scion froze when we couldnt get a decent level lighting pipeline, all we hear is bake this, bake that, ooo, use models instead of blocks, so on and so forth

workarounds and more workarounds

if i could get a decent level lighting pipeline up then doing a better demo than that unity thing would be a laugh..

all i've been seeking is, basic normal + spec + shadow mapping [dynamic or static] with support for standard PP effects

every passage i look at seems to have a roadblock, lightfrong is looking good but i think its incomplete? no PP effects YET? and i think i read that it uses something like 50skills? LOL yaa..

and boh_havocs shaders have been rather fast but hes been busy lately comming up with the finishing touches

and am yet to find a stable/complete solution, i imported a level into unity and added a few lights and.... i was done, normal maps reacting to lights and all, UN-fckin-BELIEVABLE, something i've been spending months to get right in GS..

now am sure you may all come with suggestions and stuff that i probably havent looked into but am quite sure i have, probably just too lazy to state them all here.. but go ahead..