Originally Posted By: JustSid
I had a lot of problems with Unitys scripting pipeline and I never got anything good working because it just sucked.

Originally Posted By: Quadraxas
you have to workaround stuff in coding part.

Could you both or one of you explain this further?
The scripting part would be rather important for me. Let's say I would like to write my own pathfinding algorithm in it. Do you think that this could be problematic?

Other than that it looks promising in my opinion. I can't test it right now, though. I really appreciate to have all this stable features (at least I hope they are) out of the box in one product. I'm also interested in Unity's new light mapper. Being able to generate light maps from within the editor is a good thing to have and the results are probably better than what you can achieve with the A8 light mapper.

The procedural tree creator seems to yield acceptable results, too. And there's even more procedural stuff to come in the future: Unity Technologies and Allegorithmic Announce Technical and Strategic Partnership

BTW: DX Studio is somewhat similar to Unity, but the full-featured non-commercial version costs only $158. In regard to scripting you can do almost anything what JavaScript offers, but despite using TraceMonkey it's still too slow for implementing low-level stuff. You have to use the free SDK for this. However, I don't know whether it's worth the effort... with lite-C it's so fcking easy. laugh