Originally Posted By: ventilator
i think it's also always a matter of what you are used too.

the gamestudio api is nice and easy but i don't really get what's supposed to be so great about lite-c? it still is c. a 40 year old archaic language. most of the time i find it a bit too low level and cumbersome for writing gameplay code. also debugging still is a huge pain.

it's relatively easy to use the gamestudio api with other languages though.

Quote:
Sooo... thats my little rant against Unity. All I wish for Gamestudio is a better compiler. Please, Conitec, throw WED, GED, MED etc away. Remove everything from the forecast that isn't a compiler feature and I will buy A8 Pro asap. (But I guess no one else would buy A8 then =/)
i kind of agree. gamestudio will never be able compete with unity anymore in the tools department. if i think of unity's beast and umbra videos and then of the state and workflow of gamestudio's map compiler... crazy

Although I jump to Unity boat, but actually I enjoyed and learned a lot from GameStudio and the community.

When I realized some iPod games I purchased was made with Unity, I bought the iPhone option, and Android option follow.

Actually the products sell itself.

And I found a game on Steam was made with Unity too, availabe on Windows and Mac.

I think JCL just doesn't have enough ambitious and passion to compete with the rivals today. Just to look how long the Acknex engine exists and how fast the emerging of Unity engine and the growing of community.