@darkinferno :
You should make a level with terrain laugh
I think you'll be crying to see how it is easy to create in the world editor of Unity !

Lightmapping a scene makes the difference.
Torque 3D and Unity have understood , by adopting a good lightmapping tool , the user can generate it under the editor and that's it makes a big difference to a scene.

I played Halo Reach, the levels are a pure pleasure to look at, with top Lightmapping (they have their own code very advanced for that).

For A8, it's a coding tool , it can be lot more easy for beginners to use A8 than Unity; caus they have a lot less things to learn on the interface.
And coders don't care about workflow also.
Even today lot of newwbies, beginners use Bark Basic Pro.

So we not must compare A8 and Unity, their client target are not the same at all.
A8 continues evolving in its own way, and Conitec don't want to waste money to pay more coders to bring on 3DGS to Unity level.
Even more Conitec would not be sure to be better than Unity or reach it's level; it would suppose restart all from Zero !
Interface, engine etc ....
And i don't talk about Browser, Iphone , Android, WII support !!!!! Even more Mac support !!!
Too much heavy task !
Even more Conitec would not be sure people would choose it's product than Unity that have lot lot of Iphone happy users for example !

So to all stop comparing Unity and 3DGS !
Their platforms are different, Unity supports Mac, Mobiles, consoles, and 3DGS PC only.
3DGS target lot more newbbies, beginners, and Indie Lonewolfs;
it's perfect to make PC casual/arcade or more simpler games but that's can sale a lot !
If you target realistic next gen , with shaders ready to go, terrain tools , Unity is the way to go !
But do your team is skilled to do such game ??

I stop here laugh

Last edited by ratchet; 10/03/10 23:27.