Originally Posted By: Saturnus
I just wanted to point out that the download link is somewhat tricky to find, as the red link isn't as red as I expected it to be (0F0000 to be exact, which is pretty dark). wink Perhaps you could use a flashier color?

I played around with the demo for a bit (demos are always appreciated). By doing so, I found some minor bugs:

1) If you press Esc while the "Really quit?" window is visible, the window stays visible, but the buttons can't be clicked on anymore.

2) If you assign the Esc key to an action in the Controls menu, the key gets assigned, but the whole menu gets closed at the same time.

3) If the Options button is clicked while the Controls menu is visible, the Controls menu stays visible and the fields in the Key column are all empty. Key assigments might invoke error messages then.

Hope this helps to improve this contribution.

Thanks Saturnus~! I took the time tonight to fix all these issues wink Link at end of my post.

Originally Posted By: paracharlie
Ok I took a good look at it because I'm interested in using it for my rpg.
What I found in meniuon() and ismeniu() was a command for cycle.
menutoggle += 1;
menutoggle = cycle(menutoggle, 0, 1);// was 2 now its 1.
It is one now because your global var is 0. So if you cycle and add 1 with += then you allow the var to go out of range and become 2. So all functions looking for 0 will no longer funtion. Seems to be working now. Just wanted to share with you what I found.

Hey Paracharlie, this is unfortunately not true... if you read cycle under the menu, it says:

Quote:

cycle(var x,var a,var b);
returns x 'wrapped around' the range a..b.

Parameters:
x - value to be calculated
a - lower limit
b - upper limit (not including)

So by setting the upper limit to 2, once it becomes 2 or higher, it will wrap back to the lower limit, so 2 is actually 0 then. (because it says on upper limit; not including).

anyway, I did fix the things Saturnus posted, you can get the download mirror from my website, or get the updated file from Terrasame's website soon.

DOWNLOAD updated Super Menu 2 (v1.1):
Super menu II v1.1 (Lite-c)

Enjoy; and feedback is always much appreciated!
regards,

Formerly known as dennis_fantasy
Portfolio - http://www.designorhea.com/
Project - http://randomchance.cherrygames.org/