Yes, are absolutely right, I wrote it from the programmers point of view. A8 is a engine for programmers and not for designers, totally agree.
I prefer a nice IDE over a good looking world or model editor, because thats where I spend the most time.

Your post ist btw really interesting because you don't focus on making a whole game but on how your models may look in a game. Unity3D is great to serve this part because it has this very nice Editor.
This is the point of view of an designer and its totally okay, I never intended to tell you that A8 is great for your kind of work or that Unity3D doesn't do the job better. It was a rant about programmers that can't face that a nice editor doesn't create automatically create great assets and games.

Oh, and I have nothing against reasonable feature requests or bug reports! I mentioned at the very beginning that filing bug reports is essential!

About counting the finished good games, we first need to discuss what a good game is. I saw a few Unity3D games on the iPhone and neither of them were good at all. You could almost feel that they were clicked together just to make the big money really quick. Yes, they looked nice, but not more. Just like Gothic 4.
I don't know how that looks on the PC or Mac as I don't play much games there.

Shitlord by trade and passion. Graphics programmer at Laminar Research.
I write blog posts at feresignum.com