Originally Posted By: TheLiam
everybody want to be different but everybody want the one tool with aio and no difference.

Actually they still want to be different but want an efficient way to get there.

What they really want is a short cut, some help to get a bit faster to their goal. This is not a bad approach.

I can tell you from experience that you can do a lot the long way. You will even learn a lot then. But you will probably not get to that initial goal. I started making games on a C64 in Assembler language. I even had to code graphics from a rastered paper into 8 bit values for each block and then typed all those value into the memory to laod them into the graphics chip later. Consider this, I had to look for 8 pixels on that paper and calculate a number from those pixels. This was the beginning. We had no debugging, no script, the program just crashed when we wrote wrong data into the wrong register.

Now the coders want to have code refacturing, syntax highlighting, debugging and instant help. They just want real-time feedback when possible.
Designers just want the same, they want realtime feedback when editing materials and levels in a visual way. This is nothing bad to complain about it is just how it all develops, how it progresses. This is the present and the future will be even better. I dont understand why we should fight against something like that and struggle to find reasons to explain why we dont need it wink

Models, Textures and Games from Dexsoft