I'm fully agree with JustSid! And A8 needs to be much better than all its competitors! And yes, unity gives shaders for free, even if its really hard to make some shaders yourself. To use even some basic shaders in game studio you need to buy commercial version at least... I'm not designer or modelier, even if I can make some models and I can draw very well, I don't like to spent a lot of time with making models and so on. I really like to programm (even if my knowledge isn't really good enough, I'm still learning), but to make a good game, you need really some good looking models and textures... And making levels with WED is just kind of bull shit... And I'm pretty sure, every one knows this. As well as game studio textures and models are old as hell!! And nothing much changed since A6! The main change is Lite-c... And yes, there are templates to make some games without programming... But projects made with them, looks really ridiculous...even if you'll spent more than 200 dollars for models and more than 200 dollars for textures...

Edit: And could you show me some really great tools, that come with even commercial version? Most of the useful tools are made by engine users! Even still, if some newbie want to start learning anything about pathfinding, they will find some not fully working examples from AUM (the only one that works with the latest A7 and LITE-C, is the one from AUM 64, but till you get it working with multiple bots, you'll have heart attack!), not supported at the moment IntenceX (I heard that there some sort of bugs with game studio, don't know are they fixed...), some other examples from enging users (can be found on Wiki), but is there any good looking pathfinding that comes with game studio? Where is the example, that will show me the whole power of engine?! It doesn't exist... But still, I'm not changing engine, I've started with GS, and I'm still working with it... May be I'm to lazy to start learning something new from the very beginning, I don't know. But I know a lot of GS users, that changed engine to an other one...

Last edited by 3run; 11/08/10 18:54. Reason: ******

Looking for free stuff?? Take a look here: http://badcom.at.ua
Support me on: https://boosty.to/3rung