The editor does not realtime load your level with your game code. It loads purely the .wmb, and the added code extension. The tool is not meant to be a realtime editor, but for extending the level with code that have an interaction/visual purpose. I meantioned beziers for creating curved paths, but also collision/trigger areas, manipulating a terrain, sculpting a metablob in a specific form, anything that runs on code but requires more advanced manipulation controls than WED offers.

Sadly I found no way to extend a 3dgs application with new lite-c code without the use of DLL's (which I'm not gonna do), so the game still needs to be compiled separately to really see the results, but the generated code file will load all the code as you configured in the editor. That's what I mainly wanted to make easier.

@Lukas:
Yes, what is stored are the settings of the controls manipulated in the editor. These settings are applied to and used by your code at runtime, and only applied on the controls and code in the editor.

It's really easy to extend LBGUI with, say, a view or a list used to display and select files from a folder, without any glitches. I really like it laugh.

Last edited by Joozey; 11/13/10 02:50.

Click and join the 3dgs irc community!
Room: #3dgs