Originally Posted By: Clemens
Originally Posted By: Toast
Did A5 still support WDL in the first versions?

What exactly do you mean? WDL (C-Script) is the basic language of GameStudio but has been changed often. And some years ago renamed to Lite-C, because it became a lot more system and c(++) related - made it much more flexible and powerful!

In A4 you had to script everything in WDL (= world definition language). With A5 this got replaced by C-Script though (and nowadays we have Lite-C of course). I own an old A4 standard version but unfortunately it seems that things are too aged here in order to run with Windows XP so I cannot play things like Adeptus or The Mission 1 / 2 anymore. I sort of like those games for their special atmosphere even though they were extremely simplistic...

Now it has been a long time since A5 was around and I never owned that version which is why I'm not sure anymore what was the case for A5 in terms of WDL. I think that until a certain version it had a compatibility for WDL which got deprecated later on though so there'd just be the more advanced C-Script. I now wonder if that's correct and if the said A4 games would run on a today's system when being compiled by A5...