Thanks Superku laugh The handling hasn't changed since the game first came out, and it's something I won't change unless people hate it, since it takes a lot of tweaking.

Something I might add in future is the option to have player profiles, and to have preferences associated with each profile that include things like turning circle, steering speed, and maybe even acceleration -- but as long as friction and top speed remain unchanged it is (theoretically) automatically balancing (for example, a player with increased turning circle might have more maneuverability at low speeds, but at higher speeds they'll more easily spin out). This is all still just an idea, and something I'd be very cautious about implementing.

As such, I was very hesitant to make changes to the strength of the explosions, especially since they only seem to be a problem in weak spot. Then I played some more and realised explosions aren't significant at all without weak spot mode anyway (since they only occur out of bounds), so I can change their strength for the sake of weak spot without worrying too much about "breaking" the rest.

I increased the rate of fall-off for explosions, and reduced the cap on their strength. The old values are still there, commented out, in case I need to revert, but it makes weak spot much more playable!

Also, I played with how long it takes for cars to explode. It is affected by how far out-of-bounds the car is -- this means that cars can now survive a solid second drifting out and in again, but if a chain of explosions sends a car rocketing out they'll explode much more quickly, preventing the camera from being dragged too far out of the arena.

I hope all that made sense :S

Unfortunately, no one outside my family will be able to try out these changes until the next update is out, and I'm pretty determined to just work on online play until it works at this stage. If we're all lucky that means the end of this week, but I wouldn't count on it.

Jibb

EDIT:
Quote:
maybe have an RC car mutator that gives quick response and faster throttling
That makes sense (I've been saying that phrase a lot, lately). I'm putting it on my to-do list, and we'll see how that works out. You might notice that RC cars don't really knock each other around very far -- the factors that afford them quick acceleration and maneuverability (namely their friction:weight ratio) work against this kind of gameplay to a degree. Not that my game is a simulation by any means, but it might need some workarounds.

Last edited by JulzMighty; 11/30/10 02:07.

Formerly known as JulzMighty.
I made KarBOOM!