Sorry for the late reply, i was "busy" with real life the last few weeks.
Funnily (does that word even exist?) though the last month was good for shade-c. I had a lot of spare time due to certain circumstances and optimized the whole thing.
Now everything except shadows work with simple argb 8bit rendertargets. Inferred Lighting, SSAO, SSGI, DOF, you name it, they all work flawlessly. Shadows will also be ported, i was just to lazy.
Also MRTs are no longer needed at all.
So in theory, if you want to use everything shade-c has to offer, you now only need a ps 2.0 gfx card and it'll run (except for ssao, which needs ps 2.a/3.0 depending on quality settings). I could even port the whole lighting part to directx 8 / ps 1.0 i guess, but that most likely wont happen anytime soon (if at all).

The current version works well with fog. The one available to the public doesn't, I'm sorry.

I have no idea if shade-c works with A8, as i don't have it and don't have money left to buy it. So while i really would like shade-c to work with A8, i can't do anything about it. According to some betatesters the last beta was working fine under A8 though.

A new version will be sent out to betatesters before 2011. If i have time left, there will also be a demo for everyone to play around with, but don't count on it.
If there will be no demo, you can always give CSiS a go, which always has the latest stable version of shade-c implemented.

Shade-C EVO Lite-C Shader Framework