Just dug out this thread to make a short announcement:

I have continued to work on Survive! I'm doing a rewrite in lite-C and with Anet multiplayer, so I can get rid of all the bugs that effectively stopped the development a year ago. Not sure if they were fixed in the native multiplayer, but I'm not keen on trying out. Also, I'm still using A7.

There will be changes in the gameplay: I'm going to remove the build-phase, you'll now be able to build from the first-person-perspective during the rounds. New build crates and reenforcements will be delivered via parachute. I'm going to rebalance everything so that monsters will take less hits to kill. Also I'm planning different enemy AI types, some will have a ranged attack so it'll be more important to build shelter. I've read through this thread and there are a lot more interesting suggestions I'm considering to implement.

Progress so far: I've created a completely new player movement script that is much more lag free than the old and reacts without delay. Jumping is finally possible, too! It'll take at least 2 more weeks to get everything on the level of the old version.