If it wasn't someone like Locoweed I didn't payed attention to this thread since too many newcomers are easily blaming things not being aware of their own shortcomings...

Well, I don't think that Gamestudio is dying since there are obviously way too many visible and invisible users. Who says that it is not vital just because there are less big commercial projects out there? I admit that through the "big" engine-licensing paragdigm shift forced by Unity some people were going elsewhere but that is just because these are engines have a total different background in money, dev team size and professionals, using it.

That is the point,.. I think it is way too easy to blame a company with lower user base and lower budget for their engine while comparing it with high priced middlewares (e.g. SpeedTree) and/or higher priced engines in mind (obviously) for which their developers has tons of people as human resources and for which they put tons of $$$ into exclusively licensed middleware (e.g. Unity3D with Umbra Occlusion Culling, Beast Lightmapping, FMod - to use this you pay min. 1000$).

I would like to know what is exactly faster with your dll programming. And what you did to your visuals with dll's that is not possible with Gamestudio. And what -reasonable- features you (I mean Locoweed, not the others!!) really want to have into the engine. The Lite-C compiler compiles obviously slower code than a VS compiled code, so, let's do not compare this.

Best regards,
-Christian

P.S: @Rakscha: if you want OOP, do it in C++!

Last edited by HeelX; 12/30/10 15:18.