Quote:
The game crashes when I click "join online game".
That's not good frown Do you mean when opening the lobby, or when joining an online game from the lobby screen?

I'm online now and hopefully got port-forwarding working properly (I haven't actually done it before). If anyone wants to join me, now would be great! If it doesn't work, say so here so I can find out, please laugh
Quote:
The handbrake is nice, too, but it is ~20% too strong.
It just locks the wheels, so I guess it's a matter of the wheels having too much friction -- or recovering friction too easily? (since the friction varies as difference between wheel speed and ground speed increases)
Quote:
The handling is great (tried with XBox Controller), the BOOST mutator is awesome.
Glad you think so laugh I've been meaning to add that for a while!
Quote:
Hosting a server seems to work, I'm missing bots (in multiplayer mode), though.
Did you have anyone join? I agree about the bots being available online, but I figured they're non-essential for the first online release. I will keep them in mind for future versions.
Quote:
It would be nice if the game saved the login information (check a box first).
I was thinking about that. Never got around to it, as much as I frustrated myself having to type in my username and password every time I tested something (usually twice, since I was testing a client and a server).

Thanks for giving it a go!

Jibb

EDIT: Okay, off to bed for me. I couldn't reproduce a crash -- it froze for a few seconds while trying to connect to a server that had disconnected since the lobby's last refresh, but then it just said "connection failed" and refreshed the list.

EDIT2: It's worth noting that it failed to inform the lobby server of the issue, so when it refreshed the server was not listed in red. I need to see about that -- I think that's a pretty important feature.

EDIT3: No... that issue was only with the lobby scripts online. It has been fixed, and doesn't require an update. I guess I'm going to wait until everyone's awake again to see if people can actually connect to each other.

EDIT4: I got a bit carried away... 0.2.1 is in the works. So far, servers are notified when someone has trouble connecting. I won't release 0.2.1 until 0.2 has been properly tested by you guys, though, so that 0.2.1 can be a bit more substantial than that.

Last edited by JulzMighty; 01/28/11 04:27.

Formerly known as JulzMighty.
I made KarBOOM!