Quote:

oh, theres also alot of subtle shaders being used in the screenshots that i want to point out, in case most wont notice them, as said, a good scene isnt about how one thing stands out, but how it all works together, so i think am seeing [feel free to correct me havoc]:
- refraction shader at the vents ?
- luminance mapping used for the lights ?
- dynamic lights? dynamic shadows? Ambient Occlusion ?
- environment mapping ? [noticed it on estinguishers]
- velvety effect on character skin ?
- and ofcourse hdr and dof
? am seeing some grains in the walls, i would love to assume its detail mapping but i assume its just a part of the texture right ?

Everything correct, except the detail mapping. This is "just" dexsoft texture quality laugh

Quote:
one question though, you didnt happen to get your volumetric fog working for shapes other than spheres did you ?

Nope, not yet. Was mainly working on the lighting pipeline the last few months. There's a new animated soft-sprite-based fog though which works quite nice.

Quote:
I'm assuming that at this stage of Shade-C i won't be needing this SSAO extra plugin http://www.opserver.de/ubb7/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=354503&page=1 (shade-c has his own ssao now am i right?)

Yes, SSAO is implemented. Using Shade-C's ssao together with HeelX ssao is possible, but not recommended due to performance reasons when it comes to depthmap rendering. I might write a wrapper for HeelX version in the future which removes these issues, but don't count on it.

Quote:
is shade-c still for free? I mean with credits or something? I wasn't on the forum for a long time.

The version available to the public is still and will always be free. Shade-C EVO will have a free version, too, once it's finished, but it won't have all features or will be time limited. Haven't thought about that too much yet. Will do that once Shade-C EVO is v. 1.0 wink

Quote:
Hey Boh_Havoc, you made such an amazing level. I would like to show some of your images in our users galery if you dont mind.

Sure thing! Go ahead! laugh

In other news:
The manual is almost finished. However Germanunkol noticed a memory leak in CSiS (using the newest Shade-C version) which might have something to do with Shade-C. I'll make sure to fix the leak if there is one, and after that the new beta will be ready. I'm guessing 3-6 days (?)

Shade-C EVO Lite-C Shader Framework